These origami boxes are perfect for candies, office supplies (i.e. paper clips, rubber bands), and all sorts of little knick-nacks. 🙂 Plus, they sort of look like monster teeth (or a weird venus fly trap) — wouldn’t that be great for Halloween? 😀
If you create these from a 6″ square, it’ll fit small Post-it(R) Notes perfectly. You can also add some googly eyes to make a little “monster box.” I did that below. 🙂
Note: Written instructions are meant to be general guidelines. For more detailed instructions, please refer to the video tutorial above. Enjoy! 🙂
- 1 square sheet (in this tutorial: 6″ x 6″)
1. Fold square in half. Unfold. Repeat on the other side. Notice the “cross” formed at the center.
2. Fold each corner and align it with the center point (the center of the “cross”).
3. Flip unit over.
4. Fold every corner to the center, just as you did in step 2.
5. Fold tips so that they align with their corresponding sides. Repeat on all 4 sides.
6. Flip unit over.
7. Fold center tips to their corresponding corners. Repeat on all 4 corners.
8. Fold unit in half, diagonally. Unfold. Repeat in the other direction.
9. Unfold. Notice the “cross” at the center.
10. Fold one tip downwards.
11. Fold downwards again.
12. Unfold previous 2 folds (unfold steps 10 and 11).
13. Using the creases created in steps 10 and 11, “refold” the folds in a up-and-down motion, creating an “accordion” effect.
14. “Inflate” box by pushing downwards at the center, and also at every corner. Shape as desired.
15. You’re done! 🙂