In this video, you’ll learn how to make a traditional Lucky Star, or Puffy star. These can be made with paper or ribbon. They look great in mason jars, or any clear jar. Cover them with several thin layers of ModPodge for a longer lasting star. String them with a thread/needle to make a necklace, bracelet, or Christmas string ornament. Great DIY room decor! :-)Enjoy!!
- 1 strip of paper/ribbon (11″ x 0.5″). I just cut a strip of paper from pastel colored copy paper. You can also purchase “lucky star strips” from some craft stores (or online).
Note: Written instructions may be confusing for beginners. If you’re lost, please prefer to the video above.
1. Tie right end of ribbon (or left end, depending on your preference) – in a similar way that you would tie a knot.
2. Tighten both ends, and flatten. You’ll notice a pentagon shape, and two ends sticking out: One short, one long.
3. Fold short end along the pentagon’s edge.
4. Fold long end up, wrap around the pentagon shape, and continue to do so until you cannot wrap any more. Make sure you maintain that pentagon shape throughout!
5. Once you reach the end, take the long end and slip it into the nearest opening/slot. Trim off excess (if any) with a pair of scissors (or rip it with your hands).
6. “Puff” up the star by putting your nails in between every vertex, and gently pushing toward the center of the” pentagon.”
7. You’re done! 🙂